How to Register for Nigeria’s Voters Card Online on INEC Portal
The IBEC portal allows a two-step registration process in which first, prospective registrants login to pre-register by providing their basic biodata and some biometrics and second to complete the registration by physically presenting themselves at a designated registration center of their choice.
This considerably eases the process as a substantial part of the exercise would have been completed online before physical contact with registration officials. I urge all eligible Nigerians to take advantage of the services offered by the Commission through this portal.
How to register in for voters card online
1. Prospective registrants are to go online to perform a pre-registration using the URL: https://cvr.inec.gov.ng or https://cvr.inecnigeria.org
2. Registrant shall first create an account on the portal using a valid email address to enable him/her to commence the pre-registration process
3. Upon creating the account, an account activation link will be sent to the email address provided during account registration
4. Click on the provided link to activate and continue with your pre-registration
5. Each registrant shall fill an online form with the relevant and necessary information
6. After filling the form, the registrant shall select a convenient date and time when he would want to visit the registration centre for biometric capture to complete his/her registration.
7. The registrant shall click on the submit button to complete his/her pre-registration, and after a successful submission, an Application Slip containing his/her Application ID, a QR code and relevant details will be generated
8. Print your Application Slip, which contains an application number, QR Code, and other details
9. Visit an INEC registration centre on the scheduled date of appointment with the printed application slip for biometric capture
10. A Registration slip will be issued to you after the successful completion of your registration to be used to collect your Permanent Voters’ Card (PVC)